Thursday, September 18, 2008

Trying something new


IMG_3411 copy
Originally uploaded by autumnsbug

I'm trying something new by posting from flickr.
You see I received the most awesome birthday gift from my dad.
Can you tell what it is from this picture?
My dad spoiled me with a Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens!
I have taken many pictures with it but this was one of my favorites. It's SOC and when I took it I fell in love with this lens.
I am having issues with getting the focus just right though.
Now I feel like I need to get a little more serious with this photography hobby.
I need to live up to my cameras potential.
Scary!

Ok I just looked and I don't like how Flickr posted it at all.... crap.

4 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

I am doing a happy dance for you and your new lens. woooooo hooooo baby! :)

So the focus issues....what's up? tell me....and I'll see if I know or can help.

I am finding that I can't use lower than and f-stop of like 11 to get a macro of a bug or the whole body will not be in focus. seriously, if you are only a few inches away from something...the DOF is crazy small.

great photo by the way. LOVE IT!

Michele said...

Oh wow... if only I could afford one than I'd be happier than that bee in a field of pink flowers!
It's beautiful!
Your Dad is very kind!
It's a beautiful picture!

monstergirlee said...

Oh I am dying for a macro. Maybe Santa will bring one for me this year.

This is a GREAT photo, I love it. So colorful and the detail is really nice. Lately when I do close-ups I've been doing more with the manual focus, seems to help somewhat.

Taddie Tales said...

OOOOOO - I am SOOOO envious!!!!! I wan't a new SLR so bad I can't stand it. The point and shoot digital is fabulous but I'm all into the macro these days and the little guy doesn't cut it. I am PRAYING that Santa Clause brings me a Rebel xti ...... Than I can bug you for tips!