Corey over at Living and loving every minute of it tagged me with this Hoopla. I still have no idea who I will tag back. Oh the stress of it all. So here goes nothing.....
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word (which, for you bloggy newbies, is meme)
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.
Ok here we go...
1. As a child my Dad and I went to my Grandma's house every Christmas eve. As an adult I continued this tradition with my family until this year. We will be going to my dads house on Christmas day instead. Maybe it's the beginning of a new tradition.
2. I can't stand fake Christmas trees! We always get a real tree.
3. We only spend $7.00 on a six foot tall Grand Fir. The local church sells them as a fund raiser.
4. One year we cut a tree down off of our property. It was bigger than it looked, we put it on a trailer behind the riding mower. The mower got stuck in the mud on the hill. Hubby hooked up the four wheeler to pull us out. Imagine this... pouring rain, 4 wheeler hooked to lawn mower, trailer behind mower, huge tree on trailer. Hubby takes off.. me on mower, flying up a bumpy dirt road. Mud was flying... tree almost fell off around the corner. It was a site!
5. I make wreaths and center pieces every year. Bug and I go and cut the branches from three or four different kinds of trees. I put a heater in the garage, put on Christmas music and make several in one day. It's fun and tiring at the same time.
6. The whole sit on Santa's lap thing kind of creeps me out. "Here little one, sit on this strange mans lap and tell him what you want. Then he will give you a candy cane" That just doesn't seem right.
7. Despite this, I have taken Bug to see Santa. He sits next to him.
8. I use Santa as a discipline device. Yep, call me bad but it works great. "I'm calling Santa if you don't settle down!" Works perfectly.
9. I have a certain process when I decorate the house and tree. Everything is done in a certain order. If it gets messed up I get all flustered. For instance, the tree is decorated in order.. lights, ornaments and Angel on top LAST. One year hubby tried to put the angel first.. big mistake. Yep I'm weird.
10. After I had Bug, I lost all need or want of presents for myself. I am so much more excited for him and watching what he gets.
11. My favorite Christmas drink is a hot butter rum. My sister in law has a mix that is soooo good. I normally hate rum.
12. I buy my dogs Christmas presents and let them rip them open.
Phew! I made it! The only person I came up with to tag is Zen. So if your reading consider yourself tagged!