Monday, December 31, 2007

A Royal pain in the.......

I've spoken before about my goats. If you missed my post on how much of a pain they can be, you can click HERE to catch up.
Last night I went down to the barn to feed the beasts goats. Our barn doesn't have electricity to it, just a solar light that isn't much help on dark winter days. So I try to feed them before it gets dark. It isn't easy scooping grain and holding a flashlight. Last night I didn't make it in time so I was having to feel my way around in the dark. There is always a mad dash from the five of them trying to get to the feeders. I successfully put the grain in both feeders and was in the process of putting hay in the upper part of the feeder when I was gouged in the backside by a horn!
Holy crappola, I was in shock. I flung around to figure out who the culprit was but in the dark and the commotion I couldn't tell so I just started cussing and kicking.
I reached around to feel a hole in the butt of my BEST fitting jeans. Son of a bitch.
I felt inside... no blood or gaping wound. Phew... at least I wasn't skewered like a kabob.
As I cussed and trudged through the mud back to the house I just started sobbing. I don't know what it was. I wasn't fatally wounded, heck I wasn't even bleeding. I just felt defeated... like I can't friggen win.
I went up to the shop were hubby was working on his car. He looked at me and said "What's wrong?"
I just started blubbering. All he could make out was goats and my hurt ass... then something about my favorite jeans.
He closed up shop followed me down to the house to console me.
I went into the bathroom to look at the damage. One inch long hole in the jeans and a six inch long scrape on my left cheek.
So I put two of the goats for sale on Craigslist. I'll be using the proceeds to buy new jeans.
So long suckers.. and so long 2007... this year kicked my hiney.. or horned it.. whatever.
I'm looking forward to a calmer gentler year for 2008.

1 comment:

Maude Lynn said...

God, I know that "I'm getting my ass kicked here" feeling! And, I don't even own a goat!

Happy New Year!