Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement on my last post. A special thank you to Jackie over at The mother of this lot, she left me an award this week to make me feel better. I'll pass it on later this week when my brain isn't so tired.
I made it home last night without any big issues, my flight home was only fifteen minutes late.
Thursday night my husband had to take Bug to urgent care, the verdict is that he has the flu.
Poor little guy is pretty sick still but is starting to eat more today.
He has one heck of a puffy face though. Is that normal? The doctor wasn't concerned but I'm not always confident in the urgent care doctors. I tried to Google it, but it doesn't seem like it is that common of a symptom.
A little brag on the husband, I walked into the house and found it cleaner than how I had left it. He had vacuumed, swept and done laundry. What a nice way to come home.
I'm not a road warrior traveler or anything but I have traveled quite a bit and I have found that a few things can help make the trip easier in even the worst conditions. So I thought I would post my air travel tips for you.
1. Buy a bottle of water in the airport, after the security check. Just in case you get stranded in a seat for three hours and all the flight attendants offer is tap water. Tap water on a plane is just scary!
2. Bring a snack, I personally like a good trail mix. They no longer like to feed you on airplanes so if you are stranded for hours it's likely those little bags of pretzels will not be sufficient.
3. Ipod or MP3 player. In case you get stuck next to that extremely annoying guy that wants to talk to you. Just put on the music and ignore.
4. Do NOT wear perfume or cologne. The person next to you will thank you for it. (I had to breath through my shirt on the flight home... gag.)
5. Go with the flow, if it isn't life or death just sit back and wait. Too many people get too upset over things not going just right. The flight attendants are not there for you to yell at, and they didn't cause the flight delay.
I'm so glad to be home, now I need to catch up on all the blogs I missed while gone. Have a good weekend everyone.