Friday, November 2, 2007

Endings and New beginnings

I had a hard day today. As some of you know, in July I was advised that the company I work for lost the account that I work on. My position was paid for directly by the client and I would be losing my job, along with many other people. I have worked for the same company eleven years and on this specific account almost ten. I knew I had until the beginning of November to find a new position, within or outside of the company. I telecommute from my home office, I like my work and the company I work for. Luckily I found another position within the company, doing something very different than what I did.



Today was the last day in my current position and the last day that we serviced the account. I didn't really think it would phase me, until I opened my email this morning. Three good luck and good bye emails. UGH.. I started to cry. It went on like that all day, emails, IM, phone calls. Most of the people who worked on the account went to the main office today. To close it out and have a little party. I couldn't go because I wasn't able to find anywhere for Bug to go. So I sat at my desk sobbing intermittently all day. What a sap I am.



I'm a person that takes change pretty well. I'm very excited to start my new position, but I know I will not be working directly with any of the people I have been. So today was hard. But I am resolved to not cry again, I'm looking toward the future. I'm going on a new adventure and I'm stretching my comfort zone.






So to all of those wonderful people that I have worked with over the last decade. I raise my glass of Merlot and toast you. Getting to know you all has made me a better person.

Good luck to you all in your new adventures!

Cheers!

2 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

awwwwwwwwwwww we are very much alike. I am a super sap. I would have been crying too.
I am sorry it was such a hard day. I am thinking of you.
hugs!

Taddie Tales said...

love ur blogg miss autumn .... friday sucked big time but i am sooooo looking forward to changes coming. cant wait to spend lots of time with my girls. i'll keep track of you with this awesome blogg. will let you know when mine is up and running......Lindy