Saturday, January 10, 2009

The bad words ....

This morning while I was making coffee Bug was recounting what happened at school yesterday.

Bug: Mom one of the big kids at school said the F word just because he lost a game.

Me: Oh no, that's not good.

Bug: Yea I couldn't believe it. So mom what's the F word?

Me: It's a word little kids shouldn't say. It's not a nice word.

Bug: Can you just tell me the word? I promise I won't say it.

Me: I don't know, I don't really feel comfortable saying it to you.

Bug: Well I know some bad words I just don't say them.

Me: Oh really? What bad words do you know?

Bug: Well there's stupid and dumb. I don't say those, well usually, and damn is sometimes a bad word.

Me: (Breathing a sigh of relief) Oh yes of course those are not nice things to say.

Bug: So what's the F word? Fart knocker?

Me: (Laughing) No, not fart knocker. That really isn't nice but it isn't a bad word.

Bug: (going through all the f words in his head) hmmm fly, flamingo, fry....

Me: I don't really think it's a word you know. (congratulating myself for censoring around him so well)

Bug: Can you just tell me please mom, I pinkie swear I'll never say it. Oh yea and there's another word you shouldn't say Oh my God. But you say it a lot.

Me: Ok I'll tell you if you promise not to ask me what it means or repeat it.

Bug: I promise mom, I'll even do the secret hand shake with you to prove it.

Me: (hoping she remembers what the heck the secret handshake was) Ok fine.

Insert a fist bump, high five followed by a hug.

Me: The word is Fuck.

Bug: (with a seriously perplexed look on his face) Fuck??

Me: You said you wouldn't say it!

Bug: huh, never heard it.

Me: (Wondering how on earth that is possible) Good!

I hope I remember this when he's a teenager so that I can remind him of his innocent days!

6 comments:

Taddie Tales said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!

Great story telling my dear.

Loved this post!

Hugs to you.

Maude Lynn said...

This is so funny! Baby Puppy does the same thing. Tell me, tell me!

Unknown said...

LOL. You had me on the edge of my seat with that story!

I love that you were honest with him in the end. Go you!!

Corey~living and loving said...

it really is strange that we both posted about bad words on the same day. LOL

oh my.....the f word....I'm so not ready for that one.

QUASAR9 said...

lol
Fart, Flat,... Fanny?
Fig leaf
Flipping heck
Frigging hell
Fat head

So I wonder what the 'bad' word the other kid used was

monstergirlee said...

frick maybe?

great story.