Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Someone seems to be missing something...

For days Bug has had a wiggly front tooth. Husband and I have implored him to let us yank it out. He has flat out refused. His tooth was so loose that it would jut out and it took everything I had not to laugh. Monday night we were playing a glorious game of Spongebob squarepants game of Life. Bug was sitting on the floor, his knee in front of his face when he sneezed. His face bounced off of his knee and when he looked up there was no tooth! I must have looked shocked because he said "What?"
I said " Bug your tooth! Did you swallow it?"
Just as I said it I saw the tooth on the carpet and started laughing.
Bug looked a little shocked but started laughing too. Poor kid looked in the mirror and I thought he was going to tear up. He was definitely disappointed by his new appearance.
Then he asked "Mom why do we have to loose our teeth anyway?"
I said " Well you would look pretty silly when you get to be an adult and have teeny teeth in your mouth!"


He's over it now and used to the big gap.
Now the poor tooth fairy is broke.
She wasn't prepared and didn't have any one dollar bills on hand.
So Bug ended up with five bucks.
It seems like yesterday I was waiting for those baby teeth to come in.

8 comments:

OhCaptain said...

My youngest discover not one, but too loose teeth yesterday. Of course I told my wife that she was too young. Babies don't get loose teeth. She reminded me that this is normal for kindergartener's. La la la...I'm not listening!

Corey~living and loving said...

oh CRAP! you started with a fiver? man....you are screwed! LOL

love his new grin! :)

Michele said...

Gosh, I remember when teeth were a quarter... now $5! WOW! Good job, Bug!! LOL

Autumn, I don't see an email here but I'll let u know the Butterfly blog is gone, can't really explain here but a "general" blog is up and running...
~Michele~
(Hug)

monstergirlee said...

Himself got a visit from the tooth fairy the same night as Santa Claus - score!
Yeah, he got a dollar. He lost his firt tooth at the end of April, it didn't grow back until mid-december finally. Seems like it took a long time.

Maude Lynn said...

He looks so cute! Baby Puppy is very eager to meet the Tooth Fairy, but she doesn't have a sign of a loose tooth yet.

Khaled KEM said...

I am waiting for my 7 month old son to get his first one. I understand that it could take him few extra weeks to get it. From time to time I check his gums.

TorAa said...

It's so important to be there with every major change your own children go through.
Afterwards it's too late.

Right?

Then when older, it's important to have them has your best and most trusted friends.

I just posted some Hats??!!

Unknown said...

LOL! Five bucks..uh oh, you've set the standard now ;)

I remember quarters! I think the tooth fairy was my favorite mythical character of all.