Sunday, January 27, 2008

And then it snowed...

And Snowed... and snowed.. .and then it snowed some more...

It snowed until the top of our picnic table had this many inches...


It snowed so much we got cabin fever.... even the dog wished the snow wasn't over his head.

Finally.. after two power outages and hours and hours of snowing... the snow stopped. The little birdies came out to eat the seeds off of the birch tree out front.

The sky turned blue... just in time for my husband to come home from work and take us for a ride in the jeep.


We went up and over the hill. We stopped to get a branch off the road ... and got stuck in the ditch.

Luckily, we live around a bunch of farmers, with winches and we were saved.

By the way, this is totally unusual for us to have this much snow, several times in one winter.

4 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

I can't even imagine that much snow! We get ice.

Have I mentioned before that your dog is identical to mine?

Corey~living and loving said...

oooo look at that.....lots of snow. We got a few inches today. :) I was happy the snow came to me, as I am a freak when it comes to "going to the snow". I have an irrational fear of it. I huge irrational fear. Just reading about your getting stuck...made me feel ill. I am NOT kidding.

Michele said...

I understand the snow dilemna. We have so much here too. And now it's so cold. Today the sun came out for a short time but it is snowing again now. But this is normal for us here. These are such pretty pictures. The nice thing about winter is the pretty portrait is makes for us to see.
Thank you for for dropping by my blog and warm wishes for when I was not feeling well. :)
~Michele~

Michal said...

wow. my children would be so jealous. we live in california and only get rain in the winter. i love the way the world looks after a snow storm. so clean and peaceful.
gorgeous photos.