Monday, January 14, 2008

A Sunny Sunday Walk

We had beautiful weather Sunday. Bug and I decided to go for a walk up our road. I don't usually take Bug for walks up the road because:

A: It is a country road with not a lot of room to walk on the side without falling in the ditch.

B: It is VERY steep for a while and his little legs couldn't make it.

But it was such a nice day and we didn't have any time constraints so we decided to go.


The farmer across the street keeps some of his equipment in a corner of the field. I heard "What is that mom?" About twenty thousand times. It was a very slow walk up the hill.


Bug found a big stick in the ditch "Mom if I touch the electric fence with the stick, will the stick become electric?" "Yes, if the fence is on you will get a shock, I don't know if it's on so don't try it"


As I was taking this next picture I hear... "The fence isn't on mom, look" I turn to see him holding the stick on the fence. Boys....

As we got to the top of the hill Bug spotted these in the ditch...


He thought it could be from a dinosaur, but he wasn't to bummed out when I told him it was from a deer.
"Can we take some home mom??" Ummmm no.. how about I just take a picture.
On the way back it was time for some Kung Foo moves.........

HIIIIIIYYYYYYYAAAA.. OOOOOOOOOWWWWWAAAAA

Take that... and that..... WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYAAAAAA....

Phew.. that tired me out... I did participate a little.... how can you say no when asked to Kung Foo?
It was about this time Bug started to whine... "I'M TIRED... I can't take another step."
Oh yea.. this is why we don't walk up this hill....
I persuaded him further by reminding him of that the neighbors have some cool ponds, with water falls.

They stacked big rocks in their own stone henge fashion. Bug BAAAAABAAA'd at the sheep, they seemed to respond to him. They ran from me when I did it.
We could hear hundreds of birds, but we could barley see them. They were the same color as the brown blackberry bushes they were hiding in.

As we descended the hill we could see the valley filled with fog. I love being above the clouds.
It always reminds me why we bought this house.
When we got back to the house, we stayed outside in yard in the sunshine. To my surprise I found a lone flower on my Himalayan honeysuckle.
Then I was further shocked to find a single yellow rose on a rose bush that is protected under the eves of our house.
Then I notice the verbena about to burst open it's tiny flowers...
I sat in the back yard watching Bug slide and swing on his playground.
He even broke out the new rubber boots... they liked it.. they were smiling...
Bug was happy... I was happy...

We also rode our bikes around the driveway. I don't have pictures of that since Bug insisted I ride my bike too. I haven't mastered riding and taking pictures, I don't think I'll even try.
Today it rained cats and dogs...

4 comments:

jchristy said...

Wow! Looks like a wonderful afternoon at your house. Isn't it wonderful to have such a beautiful place to live...so peaceful and close to nature. Tell everyone 'hi' for us.

Maude Lynn said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures!

What is it about kids? Every time we take a walk Baby Puppy insists on collecting a stick!

Corey~living and loving said...

NO words for how much I love this post,and it's photos. WELL done! you got some fantastic photos. :)

oh and for the record....the electic fence could have been on. I tested electic fences with many things. The shock doesn't travel through a stick, however, it does go through a blade of grass.

love the boots shot... A LOT!!!!!!!

TR Ryan said...

What a beautiful narrative! Where do you live that is already so mild in January? Looks like a beautiful world you live in there.